Contact, Locations, Forms, Fees & FAQs
Call 845-768-3585 to schedule an appointment.
Alternatively, you may submit the New Client Inquiry form at the right.
Please note: The information submitted via this contact form may not be protected in accordance with HIPPA. Please contact the practice directly at 845-768-3585 for a more secure mode of contact.
Submitting this form does not establish a patient relationship. Mental health treatment and a client/therapist relationship is only established after an initial consult and signed consent in the therapy room.
Response times may not be immediate. If you are currently experiencing a medical or mental health emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Room.
New Client Inquiry Form
We are not in-network providers on any health insurance plans. If you have an out of network benefit through your health insurance, you may be able to submit claims for reimbursement. Call 845-768-3585 or fill in the form below to learn more about our services, discuss details about our fee scale and schedule an appointment with one of our therapists.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT THERAPY
WE ARE HERE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION YOU MAY HAVE ABOUT OUR PROCESS
In order to assure the health and safety of our clients and staff, Resilient Self Therapy is currently operating 100% remotely.
Until it is safe to return to the office for therapy, we are dedicated to continuing to offer high quality, empathic care via a HIPAA compliant Teletherapy platform. We are continuously looking at the guidelines being issued by the CDC and our professional organizations to inform the decision about resuming in person sessions.
When you initially reach out, you will nearly always hear from us within one business day, often sooner.
Office hours are by appointment. It’s important that your therapy session fits logistically into your schedule, thus part of what we’ll ask when assessing your initial needs is what your availability is like. This will help inform which therapist might be good to schedule an initial consultation with. Please call 845-768-3585 to schedule an initial appointment.
At a minimum, sessions are once per week. It can also be beneficial to meet twice per week as this creates increased continuity and momentum of your work. We typically do not work on an every other week frequency.
An initial consultation is 1 hour and ongoing individual therapy sessions are 45 minutes long.
The length of time that someone stays in treatment is unique and depends on factors such as what’s bringing you in as well as what your personal goals are. We believe that the decision to end treatment can be made collaboratively between you and your therapist, however, ultimately the choice to stop is yours.
Mostly, yes! We like to be very transparent about the instances in which we are required by law to break confidentiality. If you are at serious risk of harming yourself or someone else or if there is suspected abuse or neglect, we are not able to keep that a secret. If you would like for us to collaborate with another medical professional or another person, we have a Release of Information form for you to sign that grants permission to share information dictated by you.
Cash, check or all major credit cards as well as health spending account (HSA) and flexible spending account (FSA) cards. Payment is collected weekly at the end of each session.
We are not currently an in-network provider on any health insurance plans. If you have out of network benefits, we are able to help you in deciding if using out of network benefits is a good option for you. If so, we can provide the documentation necessary to submit claims for payment reimbursement.
To determine if you have mental health coverage, the first thing you should do is check with your insurance carrier. The most common service codes that we use are 90791 (for the intake appointment) and 90834 (for routine 45 minute appointments)
Check your coverage carefully by finding the answers to the following questions:
- Does my plan cover services for out-of-network mental health providers?
- What is the deductible I have to meet before reimbursement can occur?
- What percentage of treatment do I pay when seeing an out-of-network mental health provider?
- Does my plan reimburse for telehealth sessions?
- Is there a maximum amount of sessions that are able to be reimbursed per year?
- Is it the calendar year that is used to de-mark coverage periods or another time specifier?
- Which form do I use to submit a claim and where can that form be found? Is it the CMS-1500 form?
- What address do I send claim submissions to?
- Is pre-approval required from my primary care physician before receiving services?
When you use your out of network benefits for treatment at Resilient Self Therapy, you pay for sessions along the way and then submit claims at the end of each month, requesting reimbursement. Your therapist will provide monthly invoices with all of the information needed to submit your claim. If you are unfamiliar with this process, we would be happy to orient you further and/or answer any questions that you may have. In the unlikely event that your insurance company denies your claim, you are responsible for the cost of the sessions that have occurred to date.
Under the law, healthcare providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care provider gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your healthcare provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
Please download, print, and complete all of the Intake forms below prior to our consultation and bring to your first appointment.
- Client Information Form
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Credit Card Authorization Form
- Office Policies
- Telemental Health Informed Consent